Thursday, November 20, 2008

Another long night...


...So last night we decided to try again with the rice cereal. Now sweet baby princess had a 7 1/2 bottle at 4:40 pm. We tried the cereal at 6:45. Nothing. Everything was being pushed back out onto the shirt. She did however grab the spoon to put it in her mouth and chew on it. So, after 15 mins I gave in, changed her, and gave her the remaining bottle, 7 ozs. We put her to bed about 7:30. At 10:30, she was back up again. Another 5 1/2 oz bottle. At 1:00 she was back up again. This time she only ate 2 ozs. I am afraid at this point her stomach is going to explode from eating so much. I just thought if we could get some rice cereal in her, she wouldn't be so hungry, but she just won't eat it.She got up again at 4, and I just laid her on me, and we slept together for another hour, before she wanted to eat again.

I am not sure if she is beginning to teeth, getting ready for a growth spurt or what. She has diarrhea, she drools, she chews on everything, including the nipple to the bottle (makes me extremely happy I am not breastfeeding at this point).

THe only reason we have not put rice cereal in her bottle is b/c the ped told us not to. Due to the fact that most people do it either to help reflux or help them sleep through the night. Neither of which we were (keyword) having a problem with. I am going to call the peds office today and ask them what they think we should do.

We have decided at this point, to just continue to try feeding her the rice cereal, and maybe soon enough she will get the hang of it.

Here is another picture. The hat was made by volunteers at the hospital that I delievered at. There are also booties to go with it, but we have not tried those on yet.

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

Good luck! MT does the same stuff when he is teething. I only know my child though, So i can't for sure tell you it's teething. When we give him a bottle and he is teething he chews on teh nipple so much that I am not sure how much he really does eat because milk is running everywhere. And when that happens at a feeding, I ususally do have to feed him again much sooner than if he actually ate the whole 7 oz bottle.

WIshing you lots of good success

jbmmommy said...

I hope you figure out what works for you. We never tried a bottle with cereal- the kids all nursed at bedtime, for our kids it was just time. They all magically started to sleep the week after they turned one. Well, my 5-year old still doesn't sleep through the night all the time, but until 1 year it was every three- four hours. Anyway, good luck, hope you figure it out. She's adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember when my Children,including Sweet Princess' Dad, were little...trying to get them to eat with a spoon...the problem is that the baby does not know what to do with the cereal- our pediatrician told me to try with a little of the cereal on the nipple of the bottle or the pacifier, and when the baby accepted this, slowly introduce the little spoon..it worked for all three of the kids- and look at them now!
good luck...she is still a doll!
NanaB