Sunday, January 4, 2009

Typical Conversation

Apparently we are in the middle of some kind of enormous growth spurt. Baby girl ate twice during the night last night. We tried cry it out, but that was not working. So the second time, I went in to check on her, while DH was still in the bed. She smelled dirty so I changed her. I tried calming her back down, but she was not having any of it. So, DH comes in and I ask him if he will fix her a bottle. This is how the remainder of the conversation went.

DH: It stinks in here (baby's room).

Me: Yes, it does. She pooped. It had black stuff in it and it was play doh like ( i know, TMI).

DH: Well did you change her?

Me Thinking: No, after I checked and inspected the poop, I put the dirty diaper back on her.

Me Actually saying (with a distinctive look that he could no see b/c it was dark): Yes I changed her. Please fix a bottle.

What was he thinking? Maybe he wasn't. It was 4:30 in the morning, and we had already been up at 1 to feed her before. Ugghhh. Still love him anyways.

1 comment:

NanaB said...

yes, Baby Girl is going thru the stages of growth...you will wake up some morning and she will be sitting up in bed, or standing in the crib...it is a great feeling!Hang in there!
sometimes men just don't get things too clearly when they wake up from a deep sleep...
NanaB