Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Funny story...

...Let me preface this by saying baby girl loves to be on her changing table. She will talk up a storm.

So, the other night, she was on the changing table, and DH started a new game with her while I was in the bathroom. It is called baby hugs. You lean down in her face, put her hands around your face while saying baby hugs. When I come back in the room, DH is gingerly wiping baby girl off, and I look at his face, and there is milk around his lips and rolling down his chin. Hmmm, I thought. That's funny, you weren't feeding her when I left. Then I realized what had happened. During one of the baby hugs, baby girl decided to give some of the last bottle back to daddy. He didn't quite appreciate it like she thought he would.

When you lean down in her face now, she opens her mouth, like she is trying to kiss you back. It is very cute.

We fed her 1 ounce of apple juice last night to stimulate some pooping action. It hasn't worked yet.

While she was on the changing table last night, she started making this weird sound. Kind of like a wheezing, but VERY loud. I asked DH if he thought she was ok, and he said, "She is laughing". Hm. Odd laugh. It is like a reverse laugh where she is sucking in instead of it coming out. She did it for a few minutes though. But only when she is on the changing table.

And, I caught her sucking those fingers again. I can take a pacifier away when I get tired of it, but I can't take those fingers away. I do not want her to get hooked on those things. Oh well, we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

2 comments:

jbmmommy said...

I couldn't comment after your last post. As a mom of three that have had varying constipation issues, I understand how that can be a concern. However, for babies as young as she is, it's not uncommon for them to go as long as a week without pooping. I don't know about formula digestion as much, but breastfed babies just don't have much to output because they use it all. We used to just do the bicycle motion with their legs and give warm baths at that age. I just don't like starting juice early. Our daughter still hasn't had juice at over a year old, just water and milk. Unless she seems to be in a lot of pain while pooping, it's likely nothing to be too concerned about. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Good luck trying to keep her from sucking her fingers. It will be impossible. They are so easy for her to get to. There will be times you'll be glad for fingers (just wait and see). Love ya, Nana T.