Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh, so many things to talk about...

...We had four "firsts" this weekend.

On Friday, baby girl stayed awake the entire ride home from school. I don't know if she was excited to see her daddy or what, but she talked and talked and talked. I have a feeling there will be more than one parent-teacher meeting in our future. Oh well. I was the same way, what do you expect.

At our family reunion Saturday, baby girl decided she wanted to suck her two middle fingers. She has always tried for the thumb, but never really got it. She got those two fingers, and sucked hard enough to keep them in for a few minutes.

Last night, she slept the entire night. We laid her down about 9 and she slept until 5:15. Just when I was getting up to exercise, she decides she has had enough.

The other first was my nephew's. He peed in the potty like a big boy this morning all on his own. Yeah!!!

NanaT's birthday was yesterday. Happy Birthday MOM! I love you very much! We all went to brunch as a family, and then my mom, sister and I went bowling. I know it was my mom's day and all but I won 2 out of 3 games. That is certainly an accomplishment, b/c my mom is so good at bowling.

We had a family reunion Saturday and it was nice. There were a lot of people we only see about every five years I guess. My grandmothers brother was here from California and some of his siblings had not seen him in 19 years. Crazy huh?

Has anybody dealt with a constipated baby? We tried the thermometer. It didn't work. It has worked before, but not this time. You can tell she is trying to go, because of her straining, but nothing is coming out. Friday when she went, it was formed and like a thick paste. Since then, nothing. The daycare said try some juice, but I am just not sure about giving her juice, since she eats nothing but formula now. Thanks in advance for the help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, My precious Baby Girl is growing up! I am glad she slept one night ...and she will again!

Happy Birthday NanaT!

great going A!

when Daddy was little, the doctor recommended a glycerin suppository...of course the infant size..it worked great!
keep up the great parenting!
I am watching!Haha
NanaB

Anonymous said...

I had a great time even if I did lose at bowling. I'm saving my best scores for my teammates on Wednesday night. Brunch was also fun. Ivy finally woke up for us to play with for a few minutes. Thanks for everything. Nana T.