Sunday, February 7, 2010

2 conversations that make me wonder

Within 24 hours, I had two different conversations with two completely different people in two completely settings.

#1 - At a restaurant. You are given the breadsticks, and the waitress asked if we wanted dipping sauces. DH of course says yes. I tell him later that they charge you for those. Well, the sauces never came. We ate our meal, she packed the leftovers into a bag, and brought us our ticket. This is what happened when she came back.

Us: (Pointing out the dipping sauces on the bill) Umm, we never got these, could you take them off please?

Her: You never got them? Hmm. Would you like me to bring them to you now?

Us: (dumbfounded looks in her direction). Umm, no?

#2 - At the gym. I moved from one treadmill to another because it had a fan blowing on it, and it was hot inside the gym. The man beside me looks at me after a few minutes strikes up a conversation. (Nevermind I am running at this point.)

Him: How long are you running?

Me: Just an hour.

Him: Well, that is a lot of calories.

Me: Not really, at the slow pace I am running.

Him: Well, fatter people burn more calories.

Me: (Thinking WTF? You blankety, blank, blank man, what is your problem. Oh I better answer soon...) Yeah.

Where do I find these people?

Anyway, because I know you do not come here to read about stories about me. Here are some pictures of the sweet princess.

This is what happens when I am NOT paying attention.



Yes, that is crayon on her face. I did not realize you could color your skin with crayon. I guess she needed a mustache.

And this is her showing her muscles.



The other day baby girl came into the bathroom dragging something. I could tell she was pulling her hamper, but the last I checked, I had emptied it into the washer.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I'm surprised that you didn't say that out loud to the fellow beside you. Too funny. The video is so cute. Love ya'll. Mom

41ply said...

How cute!!!
she is such a little doll!!!

Isn't amazing how stupid some people are!and to think -we have to share our lives with them!!

love ya
NanaB

Serenity said...

Holy COW I can't believe that guy actually SAID that to you!

Your daughter is adorable!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Hadn't thought about the flip side of a runner's high. :)

xxx