Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The countdown begins

How many irrational thoughts do you think one person can have in a matter of days? Let me be the first to tell you a lot. The long awaited (since Monday) ultrasound is tomorrow. We are very excited, right now. I am just waiting on this to change to fear and anxiety. Why? I don't know. Because I am being ridiculous again.

This morning I had one of my more irrational thoughts. The ultrasound they will do tomorrow is a vaginal one. At this early stage, it will show more than just a tummy one. So, I was thinking, what happens if she/he doesn't know what they are doing and breaks the mucus plug that is protecting our little michael jackson. Now, I know that these people have probably done a bazillion vaginal ultrasounds before me, so what makes me think I will be any different. I guess that is the way we feel when it is us and not someone else. It is different when it is OUR baby or OUR body that is being poked and prodded.

Now, I am sure you are wondering about the michael jackson. I have always wanted to name our little boy Jackson. I guess ever since Steel Magnolias, I have loved that name. So, Randy took that and now he calls him michael jackson. It is very cute. He likes to talk to him.

I think Randy is going to be a wonderful father. I am so luck to be able to share this journey with him.

Well, some people actually have to work for a living, so I must go do that now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very Happy for the both of you. I know that Randy will be a wonderful father...and Nicole I know you will be a wonderful mother. I like the name Jackson.