Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I better get the instructions for this thing!

On October 30, I had a pg test in order to get the go ahead to begin progesterone and get AF to come. You take this medicine for 10 days and AF will show up within the next 10 days.

Well, on day 11, AF still was a no show. Anxious to get this show on the road and begin clomid, I decided I would take a HPT so that when I called the dr's office I could tell them I had already taken one and it was negative and get on with what would be the next step.

Well, Randy had already left to go to work, and I took the test, just as a matter of procedure. Well, I decided later I better check it. And I looked at it and thought, huh, I better get the instructions, because I think it says I am pg. Well, it was positive. Completely unexpected, but very welcomed!

I think Randy was just as shocked as I was. We have never even started our medicine. We were still waiting on AF since her last arrival on Sept 16th. I took the stick to my sister just to get another confirmation. She agreed, and I was on the way to purchase a more expensive test. You know, the digital type. Where you can not mistake lines. Well, sure enough, it was positive also.

So, I called the dr's office. Needless to say, they were just as shocked as we were. But, miracles do happen. I was sent for labwork to get a Beta HC test. Dr's office calls back and says levels look great. First beta was 2500. The bad part is because of no AF, knowing how many weeks we are is difficult. We will know more after the first ultrasound.

So, until then, we are pregnant with a baby due sometime in July!

No comments: