Thursday, November 29, 2007

Look, there it is!

Today could not have gone any better. It was the day for the first ultrasound and to find out how far along we were. I was so happy and anxious at the same time, it was a stange feeling.

It didn't take very long at all for michael jackson to appear. She measured him and found us to be between 6 weeks and 6 weeks and 1 day along. You could see the heart just a beating to. Very strange to think that somewhere inside me there is this grain of rice sized baby with a heartbeat. Of course I cried, who wouldn't. The heart beat was hard to measure since it was so small and seemed to move a lot. I had to hold my breath a couple of times so she could get a better measurement. But, it was beating strong at 116 BPM.

As I sit here now and recount our experience, I have an overwhelming sense of wanting to go back and see it again and make sure everything is ok.

Our next appt is in two weeks. Of all of the fun stuff we are going to discuss at this appt, one of them is the cost of a baby. Don't you think they should tell you about this BEFORE you get pregnant. Something tells me, even though we know a baby is going to be expensive and cost a lot, I have a feeling they are going to shock us. Oh well, I think the joy of having a baby will far outweigh worrying about what it will cost us.

Until then, have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope you got a video. The amazement will only continue. As far as the cost, I think $10,000is the going rate for a textbook delivery.