Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Time flys...

...I figured I better get up 2 week old pictures before she turned 3 weeks old. We took these pictures on time and I had such good intentions of posting them on time. Oh well. It is the thought that counts at this point.





We are having some sleeping issues around our house. Ever since I posted the picture last week of her sleeping so soundly, things have gone downhill. That very afternoon, this is how I found her.



So, I fixed her and the blanket. I wrapped it tightly around her, so that she could not slide again. Who am I kidding? 5 mins later, she was back in the same sideways position. She apparently kicks and moves her arms enough to turn herself around. So, we put the angled positioner in the bassinet. It was under the mattress to set it at an angle, but now we need the triangles to keep her from moving.

For the last week, I guess, she has had HORRIBLE gas. She grunts and strains to no avail. We started giving her the gas drops, and it helps her poot, but she is still having lots of gas. We are tying a new formula and a new bottle style. She has also started to spit up more when she has breastmilk. It makes me feel bad we can not make her feel any better, b/c she looks like she is so uncomfortable.

We went for her two week check up on Monday (7/7) and she weighed in at a whopping 6 lbs 9 ozs. No weight gain issues her anymore. Now just sleeping issues. But the dr said she looked wonderful and we should not be concerned. But we need to remember she is a baby and don't shake her if we get upset, just lay her down and walk away. Has anyone else been stressed this over and over by different drs? Do we just look the type of people who are going to do this? Baby girl smiles so much while she is sleeping it is hard to imagine anyone hurting a baby. I hate hearing her cry (which is not much (unless she is laying in her bassinet and she doesn't want to). I immediately run to get her and try and comfort her. And immediately she stops crying. She does this for my DH as well. It does feel so good to be able to make her feel better immediately. I keep thinking in the back of my head though, she knows what she is doing. Oh well, I will be a sucker for this one!

Here are some random pictures.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh,my....how my beautiful granddaughter can twist Mommy and Daddy around her tiny finger so soon...she is growing so fast, and is so sweet! It really seems like yesterday we learned of her impending birth, and now...such an Angel!
It really isn't fair for you and DH to spoil her- she has two sets of grandparents,aunts and uncles waiting to do that!
we are so proud of the two of you for giving us Baby Girl, and we almost forgive you for not letting us know the sex of her and her name until she was born....she didn't like it either-that is why she decided to come into the world early!
God Bless ...love her,cherish her...she is truly blessed to have a life with two such wonderful parents!
Granddad&NanaB

AwkwardMoments said...

SHe is scrumptious!! I am so sorry about the gas that must not be any fun to deal with at all and very frustrating at times. Good luck getting it under control - seems like you are doing all you can do.