Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baby Shower

First, check out Farah's great news! I am so excited for her and her family!

I had a wonderful Family baby shower on Sunday. It was at an ice cream parlor. Great idea huh? We got lots of great things from everyone. Diapers, outfits, socks, burp cloths, crocs, bottles, pacifiers, wipes, wipes, and more wipes (those are for daddy to clean up that meconium poop). We played some games, the nursery rhyme game (I did VERY poorly), the memory game (did awesome) and the "you can't say the word baby" game. I think I was the first one out and not saying baby. It is hard when her name is "Baby Girl". My nephew and niece had a wonderful time playing together. My 2nd cousin, who is now 5 mths old, was just as cute as he could be.

My grandmother was quick to point out that I finally looked like my pictures. She always thought I was sticking my belly out, but now she realizes, it is just big. I think it hides well under clothes. Many people have said how small I look.

I will post some pictures later, b/c I just can't get it to work right now.

In other baby news, she is not here (which is a VERY VERY VERY good thing). I almost had a mild panic attack on Sunday morning, when I realized how unprepared we are at this point. I have had cramping (which I guess is normal, I don't know considering I have never given birth before) and more stuff exiting my body. Yes, I know that is exactly what you wanted to know.

You know all the books tell you that discharge will increase during the course of the pregnancy, blah, blah , blah. Well, apparently I was holding out for something special. Flashback to Saturday. Yes, since then, oh goodness gracious. I told my mom you just never know what you are going to get, and she reminds me there is a lot more to come. FANTASTIC!! This is the part I have been looking forward too. Other than the swelling, and the hip hurting.

I have had to stop walking in the afternoons, b/c by then my feet are so swollen, my shoes don't fit. Well, I realized this morning, that they have just gotten bigger overall. My shoes are tight in the mornings. I went from a 7-7 1/2 to about an 8 1/2 at this point. Ridiculous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The baby shower was great!
A lot of nice family and friends bringing wonderful and beautiful gifts!
Maybe , you and DH should begin to prepare everything for Baby Girl...sounds like she doesn't like the birthdate the doctor gave her...
but the washing of all the little clothing can be done in one load, and folded or hung up in a flash-after all-they're only 6-12 inches long...
you will be fine and have everything in order before the BD,whenever it is!
stay cool!
NanaB