Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Doctor's appt

This was a much better visit than the last one. I wish the NP could deliver my baby. She is so much sweeter than those men dr's. I just don't like them. They have no bedside manner at all.

Baby girl measured correctly at 35 weeks. Mommy gained an astronomical 7 lbs in 2 weeks. My motto is "if your going to do something, do it 150%!" Well I certainly managed that one. And in big news, I am 90% effaced and baby girls head is 3/4 of an inch away. So in the doctors words, she is really low. She was not concerned about the mucous, as is her opinion, it is not an indicator of labor. It just happens as the cervis is getting ready, which as seen above is certainly happening to mine.

She said I need to try and eat as fresh as foods as possible to limit swelling. Which means lunch time will become interesting seeing as how I always eat a frozen dinner.

Last but not least, the peeing in a cup has become quite comical to me. Baby girls head is in my way of being able to wipe with my right hand. So, I "tought" myself to do it with the left. I am by no means ambidextorous, so this was fun. But then throw a cup in there, and it all goes down the tube (unfortunate for me, not literally). I am guessing baby girl has things pressed and aiming backwards on me at this point. Now that I think about it, I probably should have gone in from the back to try and catch the urine. Things you never contemplate (and thought you never would) become increasingly difficult if not impossible. SO for the next week, we will be practicing peeing in a cup. I know you all are jealous.

My next appt is with the unfun doctor in a week. I am hoping that by seeing him the most, he will not deliver my baby. We will see how that works out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh....my Baby Girl is coming soon!
Daddy&Mommy get ready!
NanaB is waiting!

Anonymous said...

Oh, to have been a fly on that bathroom wall!!!The fly would have peed in their pants (if they wear any). I'm ready for Baby Girl to be here. I can't wait to see what she really looks like. I know she will be beautiful (look at her mommy). Waiting and waiting and waiting, etc.
Nana

Anns said...

Nice, you're coming along faster than me. I'm thrilled for you...not so much for me though!