Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's party time!

I took baby girl to the dr's office to be weighed yesterday. She weighed 9 lbs and 9 ozs and is approx 21.5 inches long. For her real age, this is between the 5th and 10th percentiles for both. FOr her adjusted age, the weight is in the 25th percentile.

Mondays at day care must be rough. She took a 3 1/2 hour nap yesterday afternoon, stayed up from 4 - 7:30 playing the hardest she has played yet, and took her bottle at 7:30, slept until 12:30 am. I fed her then, and then she proceeded to sleep from 1:30 am until 6 this morning. Woohooo!!!!

Now you would think, that this was a great nights sleep. Well, those darned monitors started acting up again with what my DH calls eletrical interference. I was about to electrical interfere them out the window last night. DH never even knows what is going on. He slept through the entire thing. I on the other hand would wake up every time. I even tried chaning the channels which is not easy to do at 2:30 in the morning.

Let's hope this is the start of something new and great. DH said he had a talk with baby girl and has asked her to wait until 10:30 to eat and go to bed and then sleep all night. I hope she is a good listener.

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

oh hoping for a good night sleep for you and baby girl

Anns said...

Daycare in our area can range anywhere from $400/week to $1000 - depending on the place and it's exclusivity. A live-in Nanny typically costs no less than $800/wk while a live-out costs perhaps around $500.

All in all it's all too expensive which is why I'm importing... ha!

Good luck with the sleeping - the PMan has given me a rough 2 nights in row and I think he's developing a cold so I can empathize....

jbmmommy said...

I'm a little jealous that your baby girl sleeps better than my almost-one-year-old. I hope she keeps it up for you. Glad she's doing well, she's just a petite, adorable girl.

Anonymous said...

I guess the doc was right about her sleeping last week-just saving up for the change in sleeping habits....
you and DH can be very proud of her, as we are very proud of you two!
NanaB