Saturday, August 30, 2008

Lots of updates

This is what happens when you go on vacation and start back to work full-time. I get lazy.

Baby girl had her two month checkup this past Tuesday. She weighed 9 lbs 12 ozs and was 21 inches long. It is scary to think that there are some babies born this size. She got her shots. I didn't cry because they were giving her the shots, I cried because she was screaming bloody murder. I felt so bad for her. She was pitiful. She immediately went to sleep. We were thinking she may sleep for a while. Nope. She was up by the time we got home.

But, over the last three nights, she has developed a pattern. She eats her last bottle about 7:30 - 8, and goes to bed. The first two nights, she slept until 2:30 before eating again, and last night, she slept until 3:30. I hope things will continue this way. I don't mind getting up once a night, twice is just so much harder.

I had a class the other night, and on the way home, I called DH to see how things were going. To my surprise, he was giving baby girl a bath all by himself. (I thought this was something we did together. Apparently, I was wrong.) He went to change her diaper and had poop up past her belly button. And being the good dad that he is, he took pictures. (I am sure she will love these when she gets older.) He said there was no wiping her off, and just opted for the bath instead.

We went to the beach last weekend with DH's family. It was very nice. We rented a house at the Isle of Palms. That beach is just so quiet. There weren't that many people there at all.

And for those of you who come here just for pictures (my sister!!)

Baby girl in the waiting room before anything



Baby girl after being weighed and measured (Still happy)



Baby girl during shots



After the shots (not so happy anymore - but neither was mommy)



Baby girl at the beach (hat by nanaT, suit by nanaB)



This was the sunrise we went to see



And last but not least, the jellyfish. The reason I do not get in the ocean.

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

she is so cute!!! Those shot appointments are just awful.

jbmmommy said...

It sounds like (and looks like) she's doing wonderful. My younger son was 9 lb. 5 oz at birth- I always felt a little ripped off on "little baby" time with him.

Anonymous said...

what a darling!
Mommy and Daddy are so lucky with surviving the shots without walking the floor all night!
the pictures in the office and at the beach are just precious!
Baby Girl is getting to be a ham if the camera is near!
love it!

nanaB