Monday, March 17, 2008

In true pregnant woman fashion...

... (at least I assume) I have changed the nursery not once, but twice now. It was going to be rainforest animals, and I changed it to a princess and a castle. Now my sister (who is a FANTASTIC artist to say the least) was going to draw this for us, and she did start. She had already sketched out the rainforest, and when she came over, we changed it to the princess. So, she begins sketching the princess theme on the wall. Complete with road, trees, and a buggy. It was going to look great. Then she left, and we had a plan. We would go buy the paint to start the backdrop, and then she could sketch everything. My mom and I had a plan for the curtains as well.

THen my sister and my mom leave. And I am there with my thoughts. Do you know how much work and coordination this is going to take to pull this off? Everyone is helping and doing their part, and DH's mom and sister are going to come down and help us paint the wonderful mural. STOP EVERYTHING! This is WAY to much work. Not necessarily physical work (everyone else is doing everything). It is just to much mental work for me to handle. So, change of plans.

We now are going with a ceiling fan that has different pastel colored blades. Each wall will be a different color matching the fan. My mom has found some seersucker fabric that I need to go look at now. And maybe, just maybe, someone can come over and paint stuff on the walls at their leisure. (Sister, Nana B, SisterIL)

But it will be a joint effort to get the painting done. So hopefully this weekend, things will get going. Then on to more important stuff, like a somewhere for baby girl to sleep other than a shelf on her bookcase.

I want to say a huge congrats to S, who I race with. She had an absolutely wonderful race this past weekend. She had a PB, more than she even expected. Way to go girl!

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

I hear ya about making plans and changing them - I do that so many times lately.

Happy Birthday Sis!

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the shout out! Can't wait to see the finished product!

NanaB said...

It is a woman's birthright to change her mind-often!
we will get the room painted and maybe paint one of the dresser drawers so Cathleen can sleep in it...or design a box for our little one's bed...or I could let her sleep with me at my house until she is 10-then she will tell you how she wants her room ..

NanaB