Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Random thoughts...

First things first though, DH felt Cathleen kick on Sunday night. She was the most active that night that she had ever been. Continued on thru the morning. Although they are still small enough at this point that they do not keep me awake at night. But she must have worn herself out, b/c she did not move much yesterday.

I know I come up with some things so way out in left field, I scare myself sometimes. But if you are really curious about a person, this is interesting. Now this maybe TMI, but I don't care. Stop reading now if you want to.

Unfortunately as everyone knows, you can not use tampons immediately after you give birth. I am NOT into pads. Gross! So, I was thinking the other day, great, I am going to have to buy all new underwear that can accomodate a pad. Ughhhhh. Ahh, the joys or post pregnancy. It's only just begun....

So, I have decided that I will buy a baby doll that has real hair, and DH and I can practice fixing the baby's hair. (Don't you know he is going to LOVE this!) B/c it may take years to get this right. Now I have naturally curly hair, although some people may think it is pretty, you try doing something with it, especially on a child. I have a school picture from when I was in 5th grade, and I am not sure what my parents were thinking. One, I can't believe they let me leave the house like this. Two, especially on picture day. All I can think, is that I probably was so unruly, they just let it go. That will teach her, they thought. Naturally curly hair is not fun. My sister had stick straight hair. I am hoping Cathleen ends up with straight hair. Or from the time we are able, pony tail it is. I will be the only 50 year old career woman with a pony tail in her hair.

One last thing, I think it is funny when people look at you, and you notice their eyes, move from your face to your stomach, and back and forth. And I politely say, yes, I am pregnant. He says, well you look like you have gotten bigger everywhere. What is that supposed to mean? Yes, I know it, but do you really need to point that out. I can't wait for someone to catch me on a bad day and say that. Good luck to them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who in the world said that?!

NanaB said...

you are the greatest!
I think it is a great idea to buy one of the baby dolls that is realistic..and practice..feeding,diapering,bathing,etc...they make them so life like now.
Yes, motherhood does seem to change our clothing attire...but you will be so busy making sure Cathleen is properly dressed, yours will just fall in there...DH will also learn to tolerate the smell of sour milk and urine on his clothes ..
oh, the joys of parenthood!but please remember....when you think you have it all figured out-whammo! the little one will change it all!
NanaB