Sunday, March 2, 2008

The people called it...




...GIRL!

Nobody appreciated the hardwork that went into making the flower and the turtle (which started out as a car).

We made the cake, greased the pan, poured it into the pan, and then it hit me, I forgot to add food coloring! That was the whole purpose of making the cake. I do not make cakes on a daily basis (or yearly basis for that matter). So we mixed the food coloring in the while it was in the pan. But everyone was very sweet and said how good it tasted.

I got this idea from Baby Twiglet's mom. I thought is was the cutest idea in the world!

I am still not sure if my mom believes it. As I cut the cake, she says, (in a somewhat sounding dissappointing voice) its blue. But the second I said, no its not. , she went NUTS! I wish I could post the video on here, because she is hilarious. Come to think of it, I think we had that same reaction when she found out I passed the CPA exam. Whoever knew that passing that test would bring as much joy as a little granddaughter.

She would have been happy with a boy, but now she can put filly dresses on it. Someone will have to. I need to start applications for someone that can teach my child about makeup and wearing heels. B/c I don't know the FIRST thing about that!

I have already ordered our daughters second gift, a Lolly doll. It was a doll that was made between '76 and '84. I had one. (the first gift is the build-a-bear). I am also wanting to cross stitch the "Night Time Prayer" for her. You know, the Now I lay me down to sleep". My mom says she still has mine from when I was little, so if I can't find one, I will go with it. Who knew I would want to do all these girly things all of a sudden.

Also, I look forward to those days when my daughter will run and do races with me, like I do with my mom. I think those are the best days!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Guys! We were so sorry that we could not be there...but I did not want to share the flu with anyone....
As far as the application for hair make-up and heels...well I can do that very well... I will be more than happy to teach my niece those things..

Anonymous said...

You have me in tears. Tears of laughter and joy about our running together. I'll be ready to do the women's event with you in September. It will be so much fun for the three of us to do it. I can't wait. We will help with the dressing of our little granddaughter. It will be fun. Papa will teach her to be a great lady golfer and I'll teach her to sew. Counting the days.
Mom

NanaB said...

oh what a party!
the cake idea was great!
You both will make wonderful parents- though I am not surprised, seeing where you come from!
we are so happy about our grandaughter-thou nameless she may be...