Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The massage...

...The actual massage was very good. I never thought a side lying massage could be as good on the back, but I really enjoyed it.

A couple of things though:

1. The lady and I were talking about being pregnant, and she asked if I had morning sickness and I said no, and she says oh that's wonderful, you are so lucky. It really is annoying to me (and depending on the day, sometimes more, sometimes less annoying) that people think just because you don't have morning sickness everything is just peachy keen. Somedays I would have glady traded morning sickness for the things I thought and felt. And I am very aware that my issues are small compared to others, but they are mine nonetheless. I guess it is just not as prevelant to have mental issues or people just are just afraid to talk about it. But I think it makes me feel better to get it out, and realize I am not the only one who feels that way.

2. Then she says, people should be careful when talking to newly pregnant people or pregnant mothers in general. A lot of people don't think before speaking and they say some of the stupidest stuff. (I had that experience myself very early in pregnancy and you just wonder WHY? Why would you tell me something like that?) And then she goes on to say, and how far along are you? I say 27 weeks. She says goodness, you are very small. Umm hello? What did you JUST say about being careful about what you say to pregnant people? She is the second one in 3 days to tell me how small I am. Yes, I try to tune these people out, but of course, I can't. Then I wonder is she growing ok? Is everything alright with her? I know she is still there, b/c she has a party a couple of times a day in there. I will be glad when she comes out at 6 -7 lbs versus 9 - 10 lbs. So yes, in the end, I hope she is small, but quit commenting on it.

Sometimes people should just keep there mouths shut or ask the standard questions. When are you due and What is it? Do not ask me how I am feeling. You may not want to know the answer?

Boy did that feel good to get out. Now I can get on with my day. Hope everyone has a good one!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

And here I was thinking that you really popped out early and were bigger than most for 27 weeks. Shows you what I know!

People will always say insensitive and stupid things. I had someone ask me the other day how we will communicate with our daughter when we get her because she won't speak English. HELLO? She's a baby, she won't speak chinese either!

AwkwardMoments said...

... seems the stuppid comments run rampant these days

NanaB said...

you look great and are doing fantastic! don't let the crazy people out there disturb you!
just tell them you are having such a special Baby Girl that all your symptoms are different than most !