Friday, April 25, 2008

That wasn't so bad.....

...I am not one to be afraid of needles, so having them draw blood doesn't bother me, I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

They had to reschedule my appt, so I went yesterday afternoon. I never realized how fast 5 mins went by when you are trying to finish a drink in that amount of time. The drink was not bad at all. I chose the orange. Baby girl LOVED it though. She had a good time for a little while after that. Her heart beat was LOUD when the doctor checked it, and he was telling her to calm down. Hello! You just gave her pure sugar, what did you think it was going to do.

Then I asked this doctor, who was male, what his feelings and the general consensus of the practice was about epsiotom.ies. His thoughts were, most first time mothers need them, and he would rather just make a small cut. His two reasons for this were 1. It was easier to stitch back a straight line cut than a jagged edged cut. 2. It makes a woman's bottom look nicer. WHAT??????????? I wanted to tell him, unless I have another child, he is the only person that will be seeing my bottom (his words, not mine) and I did not care what he thought about the looks of it. It seems to me he likes to do this just for himself, not for the patient. Let's hope he is not on call, when my baby decides to come.

I had my RH negativ.e shot also. This lady was either much better, or I was carrying more fat to deposit the needle in. I would not have known she had even given me the shot. Complete 180 from last time.

My sister's SIL went in to labor yesterday, so we kept my nephew last night. He slept in a room across the house from us (kind of where baby girl will be). So I told her to bring the monitors with her, so we could try them out. I put it on my side of the bed on the dresser. Also, there is a ceiling fan and a box fan running simultaneously. The monitor was on the lowest setting. My DH tells me this morning that the nephew is going to need to stay at our house more often until baby girl comes so he or we can get use to the monitors. He said everytime A made a sound or grunt, he would wake up, wait for him to make another one, or go check on him to make sure he was ok. Now who is going to be the better parent? Because I never even knew A was there. I got up to go the restroom a couple of times, and went right back to sleep. Never even knew the monitor existed. Oh well.

3 comments:

NanaB said...

This Blog is one of the best things! You should compile all of this into a book!you will be a millionaire!
Doctors can be totally insensitive when it comes to females!Like they have ever had a baby or passed anything that weighed 6-9 lbs...it just proves the old adage 'which sex is the stronger?" we know...men haven't figured it out yet!
your and DH's sleep patterns will automatically change once Baby Girl is here!
hang in there!

Unknown said...

I'd fight the episiotomy thing myself. Second time around I delivered a 9lb 5 oz baby without any tears. Try not to psych yourself out about labor and delivery, you're stronger than you realize.

You'll wake up when you need to, don't worry.

jbmmommy said...

oops, didn't know my husband has a Blogger account. The last comment was me, too.