Monday, April 7, 2008

My lastest revelations...

1. I WAS on the hunt for a new type of bra. I have never had big boobs and I don't quite know what to do with them. I used to always laugh at the comic strips and cartoons that talked about old women whose boobs hung down to their knees. Not anymore. Mine haven't quite made it to my knees, but instead of buying a bra that would give them support, they now use my new baby shelf as a resting place. Very attractive.

2. When I sit down, my belly is now supported by my thighs. Very odd to me. Sometimes I would like to take the soccer ball I am now hosting and move it to the side for a minute. I have noticed also that certain counter top heights are not made for pregnant women. My belly seems to run into things before I do. I feel some days as if I am constantly apologizing to baby girl for running things into her.

3. It amazes me how some days, I feel like I am carrying a gazillion pounds in front of me and other days, I would not even notice. It must depend on where the baby is sitting as to how much I feel her.

4. They should outlaw mirrors in a pregnant womans house. I spent forever looking at the newly appearing veins I have. They seem to have come out of nowhere and are very apparent. I will take a picture if I can without showing to much. I have also started to get that FANTASTIC line from the belly button down. Although I am still waiting on the belly button to push out. Makes me wonder just how deep that thing was inside me before I got pregnant.

5. Baby girl loves to hear her daddy read to her. If you all have not read Fox on Socks by D R Se.uss. You have got to try it. It is 60+ pages of nothing by rhyming tongue twisters. S

6. My DH's brother will be home from overseas in as many days as we have let to "bake" our little girl. We will be VERY excited to see him come home.

3 comments:

NanaB said...

you are truly blooming!
maybe you should have many,many more babies!
The birth of my grandaughter and the homecoming of her uncle in Iraq just happens to be the week of Baby Girl's grandparents anniversary...what a 40th anniversary that will be!


NanaB

AwkwardMoments said...

so fun about the reading! I haven't read a child's book to my belly yet, just music and talking. maybe we should try this

jbmmommy said...

Here's where I got my swimsuit. Very comfortable. If you weren't tiny compared with me I'd send you mine. Good luck.
http://www.swimtowin.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=1827&substring=maternity