Thursday, February 21, 2008

Almost there...

We now begin the one week countdown until the big ultrasound. We are so excited about this. I wrote an email yesterday saying we had 22 weeks left, which all of a sudden did not sound so long. Not long enough in my opinion. But anyways, DH said he would have the room ready. I mentioned we needed to go ahead an start trying to put our ideas into action. We know we are going to go with a rainforest theme. So, yesterday, DH says well we can get more done to it after we find out if it is a boy or girl. And I mentioned that for me, it wouldn't change, and why would it for him. He responds with, well if it's a girl, I won't put all those swimsuit posters up.

Now I did not grow up with any boys, but I dread the day (if we have a boy) that I walk into his room and find a half naked girl on the walls. Maybe I should just send his father in after a certain point. Sister, you should probably remember this too.

This week the weight is at 134.8, and 36.25 inches. Here are the regular pictures, and I have added one from the front just for fun. It looks rounded from the front as well. It is amazing what laying off the Jack in the Box milkshakes will do for weight gain. But, oh how I miss them.



Oh yeah, I received my first unsolicited belly rub yesterday. It was a client who is a nurse at a doctors office. So, not a complete stranger. I am still going to assume that will never happen.

Has anyone done cord blood banking? Who did you use and why? have you had any problems since choosing that particular company?

5 comments:

A New Beginning said...

Oh, my Nicole. The first of many belly rubs, wanted or not. Maybe I should embroider on all of your shirts, "rub at the risk of death". It's just a natural reflex for people to rub a sweet baby soon to be born. Love ya, Nana (also)

AwkwardMoments said...

Ok goopd luck with all the planning - we were going to find out but i broke down and "had to know" in a weak moment! You look fantastic ..

AwkwardMoments said...

anmd i am not a fan of stranger belly rubs AT ALL .... or even co-worker ones either

NanaB said...

oh, we definitely are seeing the signs of THE BELLY! and I agree, it is natural for family to want to rub it...as the baby grows, and moves...observe the difference the baby jumps about when you rub your tummy, and when DH rubs it...there is a difference...babies , for some reason, want to do jumping jacks for Dad!
maybe DH wants to surprise you with the painted room...watch out...he did that when he was a teenager, and the room was midnight blue, (to match his car)..

Anns said...

Haha - I almost smacked someone yesterday just for pretending to rub my belly - I have no tolerance for people that invade my personal space, especially not in the workplace.

We looked into cord banking but have opted against it for no reason other than it's an expense we can't afford right now. I realize that might be short sighted since on the flipside we definitely wouldn't be able to afford an illness, but with trying to buy a house, expecting a new baby, and all our other expenses, we just can't fathom shelling out another $3K right now.

It's a tough call but one we had to make. ViaCord was our company of choice if we were to go through with it.

Good luck with the decision!