Sunday, February 3, 2008

Some firsts...

...Yesterday was the first experience of baby on bladder. Wow, was that fun! We were on the way to Randy's families houses, who live 45 mins and 1 1/2 hours away. I went to the restroom before we left. We stopped at exit 5 (25 mins away) to get gas, I went then also. We are driving up the mountain, probably 15 mins after leaving the gas station, and wham, I ned to go again. Now for those who don't know, there are no rest areas or gas stations to stop at on this stretch of road. I told Randy, currently we are at one desperate to go to the bathroom, if we get to two, side of the road it is. Nevermind that I know at this point, we are 10 - 15 mins from his sisters house. But I really don't think I am going to make it. We finally get to their house. WHen I get out of the car, I cough, bad idea. Then, we have to go upstairs, It is a struggle at this point. Now keep in mind, this baby only weighs a few ounces. Finally, I get to go and it is relief I have never felt before.

It is funny, because I could realized when baby had moved away, because I no longer felt that URGENT need to go. So, I apparently I am going to need to borrow a bladder, because I can't imagine what it will feel like when baby actually weighs something. I guess it will be the side of the road. Ahhh, the places our relationship is about to go. Stay tuned for those fun days.

Another thought I had, why don't they get real women who have gone through pregnancy, to talk to teenagers about this. What teenage girl, as much as body image is an issue, would think, oh, maybe I would like some stretch marks, or a bigger butt, and stomach. Now they probably should not tell them about the bigger boobs. This I believe would have the opposite affect. Maybe this would prevent a few "accidents".

1 comment:

NanaB said...

oh how our body deceives us during pregnancy! our mind doesn't stay loyal,either!
we grow in areas ,especially boobs, that we would like to keep...but nooo-those inches will be sent to the butt or thighs...we learn how not to sleep so that we can take care of our baby...and the bladder is training us so that we will change the baby often,and at odd times and places...so remember--if the diaper bag doesn't weigh as much as the baby...you are traveling too light! that's why God gave us good ,strong husbands to carry it- but watch out...he will say "let me carry the baby-you get to carry it more than me"..knowing the diaper bag is heavier.