Tuesday, February 12, 2008

General Ramblings...

Things of note: **UPDATED**

1. My parents heard the baby's heartbeat on Sunday. I teased my mom that the baby was very low, which usually means a boy. Funny thing, we already have the girl named picked out, but not the boy name. That seems to be harder.

2. I have decided I am having triplets. I am housing one in my uterus, and one in each thigh. Everybody says "Oh, you will lose the weight when you deliver". Not unless I push a kid out from my thigh will that happen. My rationalization, now don't laugh. I needed extra padding between my legs so that when my hips separate (in order to make delivery easier) I won't look funny with two sticks coming off my hips. The area will be filled in with this newly aquired mass I call fat (and cake and pizza).

3. My mom thinks its funny that I hide my bump so well under my clothes, and that is looks so big in my weekly pictures. Of Sunday, she saw where it came from after I downed 4 pieces of pizza for lunch. And who doesn't want lunch at 11:20? Now to my credit, I took off the cheese, pepperoni, and sausage. I did eat the vegetables however.

4. My DH thinks he is going to have to get a second job to support my fruit eating habit. Is it too late to start a watermelon garden? Fruit is very expensive, especially when you buy it in the party tray size. Oh well. Now we know what to look forward to with food costs when our child becomes a teenager.

5. Maternity clothes - The stores always tell you "Buy your prepregnancy size". Well, I call bull on that one. I would be half naked if I went with that thought. It would require two pair of pants and two shirts for one outfit. Oh well. I am comfortable and well fed. What else do I need?

6. My mental note: When measuring belly, do not create extra fat roll using waist band of pants. This will only add extra length that is NOT due to baby. Interesting.

Funny joke I saw on one of the pregnancy websites. Three women having lunch discussing what their babies will be: boy or girl. One lady says, If the woman was on top, it will be a girl. If the man was on top, it will be a boy. You can see the other woman thinking and in the bubble over her head is a picture of a puppy wrapped in a blanket.

2 comments:

jbmmommy said...

I didn't really lose the weight exactly when I delivered. The day Cutie turned 5 and a half months I hit my pre-pregnancy size. You will get there.

Anonymous said...

You are just too funny. I needed a good laugh and I indeed had one. Don't worry, I can see you out there running after 5-7 days. You will go back to the regular Nicole that would never eat 4 pieces of pizza at one time. Love ya nad just let Cathleen enjoy herself right now with all the yummy food she's getting. Mom