Monday, February 18, 2008

Oh the hormones...

...My grandmother asked me yesterday if things had "leveled" out to which I responded a quick no, and looked at Randy and he was shaking his head. Hmmm. Yesterday had been a bad morning. But playing with the fetal doppler seems to give me reassurance so, $100 well spent.

My dreams have now taken a turn for the absurd. One night, Oscar was here. He had just been born and was the size of a toddler. And he could talk in complete sentences. And I was breastfeeding him, in my dreams. No, I will not breastfeed my child when he is big enough to talk in sentences. We will stop at 1 year, at the latest.

I wonder how many pregnant women think this same exact thing: We need a new mattress. I am sure I am not the only one. Ours stinks! The ones at the store were so comfortable, I wish we could have stayed there for the night. I love waking up with a neck and back ache after not sleeping much at all. Great way to start a Monday!!

Also, I hate our washer. It does not like me or my clothes. It likes to leave soap residue all over my pants and some shirts, even though we use liquid detergent.

And then last night, as it begins to pour rain, our back window in the living room starts leaking.

Other than all of that, everything else is just peachy. Tax season is less than 2 months from being over, and I can have my weekends, nights, and lunches back. You never realize how precious a few hours are until there gone. Won't that be an understatement once Oscar gets here.

1 comment:

NanaB said...

Sweetheart..your hormones are not just moaning---they are in overdrive!there will be many more trials of the pregnancy....but once Oscar is held in your arms, you will look back at your blog, and swear someone else wrote all this!