Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lots of stuff...

DH enjoyed his class very much. He learned a lot from what I can tell. The best part was it was all guys (except for one wife) and the teacher was a guy. Now, why would a wife go to a "Just for Dads" class? I hope she felt silly. They learned about breastfeeding, hormonal craziness, and diapering. They even got to watch a video. I haven't heard to much about the video, so I at least hope he kept his eyes open.

We had our 4d ultrasound today. It was fantastic. I will post pictures tomorrow after the family has seen it. At first, baby girls foot was poking her in the face / eye. Kind of like she was scratching, but using her foot. She is very much nestled down into me. She is laying on her left side, head down, facing my right side. The "things" I am feeling are her knees. Last night she poked them out so hard, it was like I almost would have been able to grab them, had I been quick enough. THe lady then had me turn over onto my left side to see if baby girl would slide back some so we could get a better picture of her face, and move her foot away from her face (she looked very uncomfortable). And it worked. When I turned back is when we got the best pictures. We even caught her sticking her tongue out several times and yawning. And if you looked really close at one of the pictures, it appears as if her left eye opens just a little bit. But the lady could have told us this, and I would have believed it. So, who knows. All in all, it was WELL worth it.

The funny thing is though, I still have this huge disconnect between what is on the screen is actually what is inside me. It is as if I am just watching a movie of some sorts, and it is not really the baby girl we are going to have. I tell my sweet husband this, and he looks at me lovingly and says, "Have you seen your belly yet?" Yes, but it is still hard to comprehend. I wonder what the day will be like when I finally realize the connection between the two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh the BDAY grows ever closer!
It is amazing to me all the new ultrasounds that are available now...when DH was inutero, all we knew was that we were pregnant...
I can't wait to hold my precious baby girl!
of course, I might kiss the lucky parents,too..I have become sorta fond of them!
NanaB