Thursday, May 29, 2008

"You are going to roll off"

All of a sudden it seems the belly has taken on a new dimension. One that sticks out far enough to prevent me from leaning over any more. If I am in the passenger seat of the car, and something is in the floorboard, well, it will stay there until we get to our destination. If I open the car door too wide when I get in, My DH has to drive slowly and hit the brakes to close it enough to bring it to me. The other night we were on the couch and I was going to get my water off the coffee table in front of us, and I tried rocking back and forth to get enough momentum to grab it. That is when the sweet love of my life says "You are going to roll of here if you aren't careful". So, I politely thought, well then smarty, why don't you be a dear and get it for me. He must be able to read my mind, b/c he does get things for me now. He helps push me up when I get off the couch, he pulls me up when I would sit on the curb at the festival. He is going to have very strong arms after all of this.

Monday, I went swimming at the pool closest to my house. The female lifeguard stared at me more than the male lifeguard did. I think she was thinking, oh, I sure don't want to have to save that. And a reminder to myself and anyone else who may pick up this sport, always get in by a ladder. What I forgot was the fact that I would eventually have to get out. My arms have lost muscle and I have never lifted 150 plus lbs out of water before, while trying not to squish the belly. Comical to say the least. Hopefully I brightened someone's day.

This is just for me to remember something silly my husband did the other day. We were sitting on the couch eating dinner, and looked at me and dug the tag out of my shirt. He looked at it and said, "Well, they were right." I said huh? He said "It says made in heaven." What a fantasticly corny husband I have. He is the best.

This weeks weight: 152.4. (Seems we are sticking with the pound a week.) And 40 inches.When I go to the doctor on Monday, I am going to ask them to approx how much baby girl weighs.

Here are a couple of comparison picures.

22 weeks



27 Weeks



32 Weeks

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly girl!! You are so funny. It's hard to believe that in 8 weeks we will have a beautiful baby girl to ooh and aah over. I'm so excited and ready (well almost). You are so lucky to have met Randy and it is so evident as to how happy you are. Love both of you. Mom

AwkwardMoments said...

Baby girl is growing ...


You are so funny - the swimming story - you are also BRAVE. I have to enter in by the steps so I don't sink ;)

Anonymous said...

So glad you are doing so great!
We love the column and all the anecdotes that you tell...Of course we are partial to you and Randy, and are so proud of you both!Can't wait to see our baby girl!
NanaB

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh. Love the stage by stage picture setup! Auntie L

Adriane said...

:-) Funny pool story. I don't think I could hoist myself up without a ladder even if someone paid me. Good for you!

Your belly pics are great - it's so fun (and shocking!) to see the progression.

Mama Bunny said...

I'm going to have to start doing what you're doing - tummy and weight measurements and more-frequent pictures. So far, we've only done three pictures and although I know how much weight I've gained, I haven't actually tracked it, week by week. Yay for babies growing well!