Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Great visit yesterday...

...Michael Jackson / Cathleen looked great. Measuring four days ahead of schedule at 13w3d. We had our ultrascreen done. Our NT measurement looked good. Now we will have to wait 10 - 14 days about the trisonomy test. Baby had the hiccups during our video yesterday. It was so funny. He / she would be just sitting there and all of a sudden bounce up liked she had pooted and air pushed her right up. And then she would just float back down until the next one. She tried sucking her thumb at one point. (I say she b/c I get tired of writing he / she. Tomorrow it may be a he. Who knows!)

We saw two arms, two legs, a long spine, and skull, feet bones and hand bones. It was so interesting. Amazing she can have all these things and be just 3 inches long.

For the weekly pictures, we are now going to start adding weight and circumfrence measurements. How long do we think this will last? Poor Randy, I can see us now at 35 weeks, he being so sweet to try and measure me and not being able to get the tape around my belly and me flipping out on him.

He bought me a prenatal yoga dvd for Christmas and today will be the second time I have done it. Let me tell you, it is not easy. And to boot, the lady "teaching" it is 36 weeks pregnant. Well, I have nothing to complain about. But boy did she make my leg muscles burn!

Randy's Corner: He has asthma. A cold must have triggered it to make it as bad as it was in the beginning. Between the two of us we have been sick almost entirely since we got pregnant. We are hoping this goes away soon. But the doctor told him to only use his medicine when he needs it, and if he has to use it more than twice a week, he needs to go back. Or if it gets as bad as it did before. Let's hope it NEVER gets that way again.

We will try to take pictures of the ultrasound pictures so we can post them on here.

2 comments:

jbmmommy said...

Best wishes for a happy, healthy, pregnancy and delivery. It's a great ride- I've been there three times.

NanaB said...

oh yes! A true Baker if the baby is already doing exercises! all three of our kids jumped rope with the umbilical cord for at least 7 months!
hang in there...soon you will be able to see the outline of the feet and hands, and sometimes the little butt as he/she does the turns....
I just can't wait!
so glad you and Randy are getting over your cold/asthma acute symtoms..