Monday, January 7, 2008

We have movement!

We had an US done Friday and it was great. MJ was sleeping to begin
with because he/she was all in a little ball and you could not see
anything. Well all of a sudden, he/she started doing flips and going
crazy. It was so funny to watch. It is VERY hard to believe all of that
is going on inside me. Maybe he/she will slow down with those flips
once I can feel it. I would think that would make a person very sick. I
guess my child will love roller coasters though, just as I did.

We decided to have some testing done simply because there is no effect on the baby. Just an ultrasound and some bloodwork. So, we were reading through our material they gave us 3 weeks ago, and discovered that we could have brought a tape in each time for the US. I thought we could only take one for the "big one". We will try to take
one for the next one. We will have another one done next Tuesday for the ulrascreen testing. The baby was 1 cm or mm to short. They have to be a certain size before they can do the test. So by then we should get some good pictures, because the ones we saw the past time were so fun. The US tech said they would be much clearer this next
time.

My "monster" is measuring exactly right, not to big, not
to small. He/she is 3.1 inches long. During the US, we were able to see
the 2 bones in the forearm, the elbow, and the bone in the upper arm.
At one point the baby looked directly at the camera and you could see
the eye sockets, and the jaw bone. All of this was so neat. We saw the
spine, the legs kick at one point, and the rib cage. Now if I were
quicker on my feet, I would have had the tech get a picture of the rib
cage so we could count the ribs and determine if it is a girl or a boy.
I will work on this for next time. I can't wait to know if it is a girl
or boy. Then we can start making more definitive plans with stuff.

Oh well, without further ado, he is our latest picture...

3rd Baby Photo

1 comment:

NanaB said...

this is wonderful! Just imagining how our grandchild is developing--which he/she will be-whom will he look like...the name...oh so much!
what pleases us most is knowing both parents are taking such an active and loving involvement for the baby!
I know you both will make wonderful parents...just look where you both come from!
Nana is my name,and spoiling is my game!