Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lots of stuff

We have a dr's appt today, so I figured I better get all the old stuff out of my head, before it is taken over with new stuff.

We have signed Oscar up for a daycare. We are going to see it on Friday. It is too bad that I have only found one with a decent phone conversation. In my opinion, if I can't have a decent phone conversation with someone, they are NOT going to keep my child all day.

We heard Oscar's heartbeat with the fetal doppler last night. There was an obvious distinction between mine and his / hers. But as soon as I got too excited he took off. Oh well, I am sure we will hear it this morning.

I have taken it upon myself that when I see examples of things I think Randy needs to read, I forward them on to him. For example, on another blog, a lady was telling of how she called her husband when leaving the grocery store to tell him she was on the way home. SHe said he knew it would take her two minutes to get home. When she gets there with a car full of groceries, he has locked the door and is in the shower. Well, women understand you just don't do this, ESPECIALLY to a pregnant women. So, I thought Randy made need this info for future reference.

So, this morning we are taking my weekly picture and my DH decides to say, more than once mind you, are you sticking your belly out? Quit sticking your butt out. So, I politely told him my belly is bigger than is used to be and my butt is bigger than it used to be. And in his defense it does look like I am standing funny, but I am not. It weight accumulates in one spot, the body makes up for it and offsets it somewhere else. How does he think people keep their balance? If I had a big belly and no butt, besides looking funny, I would fall over forward.

My meaurements were 35.25 inches and 129.4 lbs. I have had cramps this past week, which I assumed meant things were once again stretching on the inside, and sure enough, I guess they were.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we can all safely say that comments referring to the growing size of any part of a pregnant woman's body (unless scientific in nature) are better left unsaid. However, it is known that Husbands (even dear ones) and sisters (yep, sisters) sometimes don't think before they speak. I have yet to learn whether or not this gets better with age. My studies are leaning toward the negative.

That was one of your funniest blogs ever. The part about falling forward made me laugh outloud. Since the entire offic is in dead silence, I feel silly.