Thursday, January 10, 2008

My husband must REALLY love me!

I have my second cold in three weeks. This one is worse than the first
one. Two nights ago, (at 8:30 pm) I decided I was finally going to take
some medicine. Well, the only medicines we have are multi symptom, and
there is one ingredient in those that you are not supposed to have when
you are pregnant. So, off to the store he goes to get me some
acceptable medicine. Fast forward to last night. My nose gets so messed
up, if I close my mouth I will suffocate. And that is not an exaggeration. There
was so much pressure in my head and my ears would not pop. The medicine
I had taken did NOTHING. I never felt a relief earlier that day from
the symptoms. So, now we are on to looking for a nasal cleansing pot.
Apparently they are popular, because 4 stores were out of them. According to mapquest, he went 17 mins (one way) out of his way so I could breathe better.

If you have never used one of these, it is like a little tea kettle with a
long spout. You put warm water and a salt mixture into the kettle and
stick the spout into one nostril. Very sexy, let me tell you. The
mixture is then supposed to drain out the other nostril. Well, if you
aren't as messed up as I am, maybe that is what happens. At first we
tried half a packet of salt mixture, well, that didok . So just like a
normal person, if a little does good, imagine what the whole thing
would help do. Nothing but burn the outside and inside of my nose.

But the good news is it worked enough so that I did not have to worry about suffocating myself to death if I shut my mouth.

Randy's Corner: He tells me this morning, his inhaler medicine makes him not
sleep at night because it causes him to have the restroom 40 times a
night. Well, my thought is that I could let him incubate the baby at
night so that I don't have to get up to go to the bathroom. At least
one of us should be getting a good nights sleep huh?

Belly pictures have been updated. Not much change between last week and today. MJ /Cathleen seems to be sinking lower. Is it just me?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I have to say that I know how you feel. I now have a lovely sinus infection. I haven't had one in years. I feel like my face is going to explode. There is a lot of sickness going around, so I think that with yours and Randy's track records lately you both need to wear face mask so that you do not get sick any more.

NanaB said...

we will all be wearing masks,problably...I was in walmart yesterday, and in the nail tech section all the techs had on masks...and some of the customers in the store..had to look at the calendar to see if it was Halloween.
I am sure when the winter hits us, we will all be better...