Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Our first mother / son / daughter experience...

...was very interesting. I got a bikini wax for the first time. Yes, I am 29, and I have never had a bikini wax. Of course I took moral support with me. My sister. I think she thought it was funny. Of course I laughed too. But still, she is supposed to be supportive, not laugh at me. The first time the lady ripped the wax off, I did not know it was coming, and apparently, I am very slow. I could not figure out what that AWFUL pain I was feeling down there was. Oh yeah, I signed up for this. So, after that, I just tried to laugh off the pain. Between my hysterical laughing and contracting my stomach muscles (I think that made it be easier), I am sure Michael Jackson / Cathleen was having a FANTASTIC time. I would have like to seen the baby's reaction. He / She may not have known anything was going on, but I doubt it.

My sister wants me to put this part in. So we go out to pay, and as soon as I realize my wallet is not in my pocketbook, I can picture it sitting on the kitchen counter. So, my dear sister had to let me borrow money so that we could get out of there. How sweet of her.

We went to the Urban Nirvana spa. Both my mom and Randy thought they sold clothes. I am sure they thought I was crazy when I said I went to get a wax there. But anyways, to begin with, there were more men than there were women in there. THere were two men, both in bath robes, I assume having massages done, and me, not having a lovely massage, but a painful wax.

Another stupid moment in pregnancy history. Last week, when we went to the gym, I had to use my drivers license to get in b/c I did not have my card. While reading my book and walking on the treadmill, I decided to use the license as a bookmark. Fast forward to yesterday. I had to take my car to the shop to get it fixed. I am going to rent a car. I get to the car rental place, and have no drivers license. I dig through everything i have, and still can not find it. It must still be at the Y I think. And of course the car rental place will not rent me a car without a license. Can they not see that I am a good driver? Don't I look trustworthy enough? Apparently not. So, they take me to work. My dear sweet, sweet husband picks me up. I have my gym bag with me b/c we are going to the gym after work. I get on the treadmill and what to my amazement appears out of no where? My license. STill in th book on the last page I read last time. Now of course, I had this bag with me ALL day long. Even at the car rental place. Oh well.

Now my sweet mother has to come pick me up, transport me to the dentist in Greenville, then drive me across the county to Spartanburg to pick up a rental car, because today, I do have my license.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Nicole, you are too freakin' funny. This is gonna be a fun ride. What on earth possessed you to get a bikini wax now? It's January!!! Just shave. It doesn't hurt....

Anonymous said...

Nicole, I must say that I do understand the pain with waxing...that is why I do laser hair removal! not as painful!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Connie, we need to find out more about this "laser" thing. I've heard it is actually more permanent.

Aside from that, you were a total trooper. KUDOS TO YOU!

Suzanne said...

Don't let them fool you. I've done the laser thing and it hurts like hell too.