Monday, January 28, 2008

I AM A GENIUS!!

With a little help from my friends. I know that is part of a song, but it fits well here.

We think we have caught Oscar on the fetal monitor a couple of times now. Thursday's visit should be interesting. We should be able to hear the heartbeat on their doppler really well (especially if theirs cost $5000 and mine cost $100) I guess we will see whose is better.

We are signed up for all of our prenatal classes now. It kills me that we have to spend an ENTIRE saturday learning about how to birth a child. I mean really, just ask my husband, his is an expert at this apparently. According to him, you just squeeze really hard and push, and the baby comes out. We should be home that afternoon. Now everyone that knows him, understands that this is him being funny. I know this experience will be a shock for me, but I am not sure what it is going to do to him. If nothing else, at least it will be something we can laugh about for the rest of our lives.

We went to Callaway Gardens this past weekend. I had signed up for a half marathon back in October before we got pregnant. I decided (with a little push nudging from my family and Randy.) But when we got up that morning, boy was I glad I did not have to go out there. It was 34 and windy. I have MUCH better things to do. Like eat at waffle house. They now have "light" waffles. What they don't tell you is light means have the batter used to make a regular waffle. Maybe a little thicker than a saltine, but not much.

We had a couples massage while we were down there. I think I was more sore the next day than before the massage. That lady hurt me. I think it hurt, so I tensed up, which made it worse, but oh well. Next time I will pay for someone to do a scalp massage.

We should find out the results of our ultrascreen and nuchal test tomorrow or Wednesday. And we also go to the doctor on Thursday for a regular check up. We will schedule our "BIG" ultrasound then as well. I have put a poll on the left hand side, so feel free to throw in your vote. Mom, you can not vote more than once. HeHe... Voting more than once will not help Oscar become Oscaretta. Nor will I ever call her that if it is a girl. It will still be Oscar. Who knows, at this rate, it will be Oscar when the baby is born.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My brother is so funny. I would love to see his face when he really learns about child birth.

NanaB said...

Oh to have had the child birthing genius...and he remembers it so well from the minute he was born!he should have written a book!
just make sure that there is a stool for Randy in the delivery room...he will lose his macho/genius status!